That rose gold necklace you’re wearing isn’t simply jewelry. It’s a statement, an investment and a treasure you can cherish and share for years.
The good news? Keeping your rose gold jewelry sparkling like new is easier than you might think. The best news? There’s an excellent chance you already own everything you need. Harsh chemicals and overpriced cleaning solutions need not apply!
Here’s what you need…
1 cereal-sized bowl
1 cup (8 fl. oz) water
1 tablespoon salt
1 tablespoon baking soda
1 tablespoon dishwashing soap
1 sheet aluminum foil
1 soft cloth
…and here’s what you do:
1. Line the inside of the bowl with the sheet of foil shiny side facing up.
2. Heat up the water. (A minute or two in the microwave should do it.)
3. Pour the water in the bowl and mix in the salt, baking soda and dishwashing soap.
4. Place your rose gold jewelry in the solution and let it sit for around 5-10 minutes.
5. Remove the jewelry from the bowl — carefully, because it might be hot! — and rinse in cool water. Dry thoroughly and you’re done!
To see more of Olive Yew's handmade rose gold, gold and silver jewelry, visit the Olive Yew Etsy shop.