Policies and Shipping
Thank you for your Olive Yew Jewels purchase! Olive Yew Jewels is dedicated to providing our customers with the best level of service possible. Please see below for any questions you may have or the ways in which we can assist you.
CURRENT SHIP TIMES ARE 2-3 BUSINESS DAYS. Items are handmade to order.
Care and Maintenance of Your Jewelry
Cleaning is recommended to maintain your jewelry piece’s beauty. Wipe your chains carefully with a soft cloth to keep it clean and free of elements which oxidize. Do not over work the plated materials, as you can “wear off” the plating. I recommend using a non-abrasive jewelry cloth.
My rose gold and gold chains are all filled, which means made from solid “rose gold or gold” and “filled” with other alloys. Filled chain is created by using heat and pressure to fuse a layer of rose gold or gold to copper, brass, or some other base metal. The bond produced is a permanent one. Filled chain can be worn like solid rose gold or gold because its outer surface is solid.
Most of my charms are plated, which means they have a heavy coating of rose gold, gold or sterling silver over hypo-allergenic brass or rhodium. The gold or silver can eventually wear thin if it comes into constant contact with the wearer’s skin and friction. Therefore I do not recommend, and do not warranty your piece, if you sleep, swim, shower, or exercise in your jewelry.
All items are made to order and shipped out within 3-5 business days of cleared payment. Please make sure your PayPal address is accurate and “safe” to receive items.
Tracking / Confirmation: USPS Delivery Confirmation is added to every U.S. Shipment. You can access tracking number through your shipment notification email from USPS. Check your spam!
International orders aren’t guaranteed, and we reserve the right to cancel/refund an order that ships to: Egypt, Hong Kong, Russia, Mexico, UAE, North or South Korea, South America, or South Africa, other countries may be added as necessary.
Shipping ETA: U.S. shipping can take anywhere from two days to two weeks. International shipping may take 1-4 weeks, depending on customs delays, and can not be tracked once it leaves the U.S. Once your item ships it is not longer in our power to control.
USPS Priority/Express Shipping: If you need your item within 3-5 business days, upgrade to Priority. If you need it within 2-3 business days, upgrade to Express.
During busy times like Christmas, Valentines, and Mother's Day, please allow additional time (2-3 days) for making your item.
We no longer ship Priority or Express to international destinations.
Items special/custom ordered, altered, or manufactured to your specifications, can not be accepted for refund, credit or exchange. Please keep this in mind when placing your order. If your chain has been ordered too short, please purchase an extender. If your chain is too long, you may send it back to be shortened. There is a $10.99 fee for US orders and a $21.99 fee or international orders.
If you are not satisfied with your NON-custom order and wish to return merchandise, we will give you full credit minus any shipping and a $5.00 restocking fee, provided these guidelines are followed:
1) Merchandise is returned within 14 days of receipt.
2) Item has not been worn, used, altered, or damaged.
3) Items are secure and in their original package, and a copy of your Return Authorization form included with return.
Buyer is responsible for all return shipping, including customs fees when applicable.
We reserve the right to refuse the return of any merchandise that does not meet the above return requirements according to our sole discretion.
Olive Yew! will not assume responsibility for reimbursement or compensation in the event return packages are lost, stolen, or mishandled.
Sorry, -no- refunds for sale items or gift boxes.
4) Defects may be returned FOR EXCHANGE ONLY, 14 days from time of receipt.
5) We carry a 60 day warranty on all items. After that, if there is a problem, you will need to pay for repairs or replacement. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for pricing.
6) We will not assume responsibility for reimbursement or compensation in the event return packages are lost, stolen, or mishandled.
To receive a Return Authorization form for your item refund, exchange, or repair, please contact us at: email@example.com
10800 Independence Pointe Pkwy
Matthews, NC 28105
Orders Not Fulfilled
Occasionally, we may have items that have sold out. We apologize for any disappointment, but will attempt to reach you for a substitution, or if agreed upon, a cancellation. Additionally, we reserve the right to not fulfill any item listed in error.
Orders are packaged in our white jewelry box with "Olive Yew" in silver foil and shipped in a bubble envelope. Simply add a note and it’s ready for gift-giving. If you’d like me to add a note, please let me know in “Gift Note” section at checkout.
What information do we collect?
– We collect information from you when you sign up for emails or complete a purchase on the site. You may opt out of mailing lists at any time.
– When ordering, we may ask you for your name, e-mail address, mailing address, phone number, credit card information or other information. You may also visit our Site anonymously.
– Like most websites, we use “cookies” to gather information about visitors and the number of visits to our site.
– We receive and record information from your web browser when you visit our site This includes your IP address and cookie information. This information is used to fight malware & spam and to facilitate collection of data concerning your interaction with the Site (e.g., what links you have clicked on & time on our site).
– Generally, the Site automatically collects usage information, such as the number and frequency of visitors to the Site. This information is used to identify patterns in behavior, but not in a manner that would identify you personally. This type of aggregate data enables us to learn how often individuals use parts of the site, and how we can analyze and improve them.
How do we protect your information?
We implement several security measures to maintain your personal information in a safe manner. When you place orders log into our site, we use a secure server. All sensitive/credit information you supply is transmitted via SSL technology and then encrypted into our databases. We do not have access to your credit card number once a transaction is placed. We cannot process transactions on your behalf, we can only refund prior purchases with information provided. It is contained on a third party server.
Do we use “cookies?”
You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies. You do this through your browser (like Netscape Navigator or Internet Explorer) settings. Each browser is a little different, so look at your browser Help menu to learn the correct way to modify your cookies. If you turn cookies off, you won’t have access to many features that make your Site experience more efficient and some of our services will not function properly. However, you can still place orders over the telephone by contacting customer service at 980-833-1983.